What To Know About Fleas And Ticks
With warmer weather approaching, fleas and ticks are two of the most frequent pet care concerns in America. While prevention is the best defense against these parasites, it’s crucial to be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of fleas and ticks so you can help your pets if necessary.
Owner Aine Corridon answered the following when it comes to knowing about fleas and ticks along with prevention tips.
What’s the difference between fleas and ticks?
- Fleas will make our pets very uncomfortable, itchy, and may carry diseases that can affect dogs and cats, too. They cause skin problems that need to be treated once noticed.
- Ticks carry serious diseases that affect the animals and that humans can such as Lyme disease and rocky mountain spotted fever.
How can pet owners prevent these unwanted pests?
- Use a vet-recommended prescription
- Use a flea comb
- Vacuum your home
- Keep up with lawn maintenance
- Conduct regular flea checks
What do you recommend?
Nexgard and Bravecto are two flea and tick treatments that have been popular for pet owners in the U.S. Due to the popularity, pet owners often find it difficult to select which product they want to use. Nexgard has been developed by Merial, the same company that developed Frontline Plus, while Bravecto is the product of Merck. Both these products have shown effectiveness in dealing with flea and ticks and their way of working is also similar.
If you have questions about fleas, ticks, or just want more information on how our team can help, contact us!